Badal blames Centre for property tax in Punjab
Singhanwala: Seeking to clarify his stand on imposition of property tax in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today alleged that the state was "forced" to take the decision due to the riders imposed by the Centre.
"The Union government has imposed riders, including a property tax on the state government for seeking urban development grants. Due to this, we have been forced to implement this (property) tax in the state," Badal said.
In a counter-attack on opposition Congress, which has been targeting the state government over the issue, Badal asked the party leaders to approach their high command seeking revocation of the tax imposed by the Centre.
"We are left with no alternative but to succumb to the pressure (from) the Centre to resort to these taxes unwillingly," Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said