Badal blames Centre for property tax in Punjab
Singhanwala: Seeking to clarify his stand on imposition of property tax in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today alleged that the state was "forced" to take the decision due to the riders imposed by the Centre.
"The Union government has imposed riders, including a property tax on the state government for seeking urban development grants. Due to this, we have been forced to implement this (property) tax in the state," Badal said.
In a counter-attack on opposition Congress, which has been targeting the state government over the issue, Badal asked the party leaders to approach their high command seeking revocation of the tax imposed by the Centre.
"We are left with no alternative but to succumb to the pressure (from) the Centre to resort to these taxes unwillingly," Badal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video