Badal, cabinet colleagues visit religious shrines
Amritsar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal along with Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh
Badal and all his cabinet colleagues on Friday visited religious
shrines here, including Sri Harimandir Sahib (Golden Temple).
Badal and his cabinet colleagues paid obeisance at the Sri
Harimandir Sahib, Durgiana Temple and historic Ram Tirath to
thank almighty for blessing them with a victory in the
recently concluded assembly elections.
Offering prayers at the Sri Harimandir Sahib complex, the
Punjab cabinet sought blessings for strength to serve the
people of the state with all humility and dedication.
The Chief Minister and his cabinet colleagues also partook
Langar (food from community kitchen) at Sri Harimandir
Later, the Cabinet paid obeisance at the Shri Akal Takht
Sahib and then went to Durgiana temple as well as historic Ram
Tirath, an official spokesman said.
Badal said the cabinet had come to these religious shrines
to express its gratitude as the SAD-BJP alliance "has by God’s
grace staged a historic comeback in Punjab".
He reiterated his firm commitment to ensure overall
development, peace and communal harmony in the state besides
cherishing the aspirations of all sections of society.
Badal said that the SAD-BJP alliance government would be
ever indebted to the people of Punjab for reposing unflinching
faith in the policies and programmes of the government.
He said a meeting of the cabinet would be convened soon to
fix the priority of its development agenda and subsequently
chalk out a time-bound strategy to ensure its implementation
in right earnest.
Badal and his Cabinet colleagues also visited the historic
Jallianwala Bagh to pay tribute to the martyrs who laid down
their life during the freedom struggle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre