Badal calls Union Budget as "anti-poor"
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Friday decried the Union Budget 2012-13 as
"anti-poor and anti-common man".
"It is highly deplorable on part of the UPA which claims
to safeguard the rights of the common man to further
accentuate the woes of the poor and middle class by presenting
an anti-poor and anti-common man budget," Badal said in a
He said the proposed budget would further propel
inflationary trends making the life of common man far more
miserable. He also called the budget "totally directionless,
non-progressive and unrealistic."
Describing the proposals for 2012-13 as "farce and
illusionary" he said, "The proposed budgetary provisions are
nothing but an ambiguous act which would badly affect the
pockets of the working classes, the employees, small and
medium traders and farmers."
The Chief Minister said a mere hike of 18 per cent in the
proposed allocations to the Agriculture sector was a peanut
which cannot satiate the high expectations of the already
beleaguered peasants across the country.
He said that the budgetary proposals have also
disappointed the salaried class which was expecting a major
relief but in reality their hopes have been dashed with
negligible respite in proposed Income Tax class slab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog