Badal cautions people against forces trying to disturb peace
Ludhiana: Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal on Sunday cautioned people against forces which were out to disturb the peace and communal harmony of Punjab.
He said that these forces are always on the look out for one excuse or the other to trigger some sort of disturbance.
In reply to a question regarding parole for 6 terrorists allegedly involved in the assassination case of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, he told reporters here that none of them had been arrested by the Punjab police.
He said that "I am in touch with the Chief Ministers of the states concerned." While the one from Gujarat had already been released on parole, the case of another arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police was being favourably considered by that government, Badal said.
The Chief Minister said that he was also in touch with the Karnataka government on the issue for the release of another prisoner.
Meanwhile, Badal praised Beant Singh`s family, who had stated that they had no objection to granting parole to the prisoners in the interest of peace in Punjab.
The rest three belonged to Chandigarh Union Territory, he said.
Badal appealed to all political parties to cooperate with the government in maintaining peace and
communal harmony in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Imran Khan demands ‘jail’ for Nawaz; reiterates Pak PM’s resignation over Panama Papers – Video inside
- Breathtaking dance steps performed by sibling goes viral – Watch video to believe it!
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires