Badal commits to perpetuate cultural legacy of Punjab
Mohali: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said the state government has taken several "path breaking" initiatives to perpetuate the rich cultural and religious legacy among the younger generations.
It was the duty of the state government to acquaint youngsters with the state`s rich cultural heritage, Badal said while addressing a religious congregation at Badmajra-Balaungi here.
Construction of Virasat-e-Khalsa at Sri Anandpur Sahib, ‘Chhota Ghallughara Kahnuwan Chhambh Shaheedi Memorial’ at Kahnuwan, Memorial of Wadda Ghallughara at Kup Rahiran and Fateh Burj at Chhapar Chiri were an effort on part of the state government to continue the cultural heritage of Punjab, he said.
He said the Punjab government has already spent Rs 400 crore on the construction of Virasat-e-Khalsa which has emerged as a huge centre of attraction among people from all strata of society.
To pay tributes to the martyrs for their contribution in freedom struggle, the state government would soon start work for constructing a ‘Jang-e- Azaadi’ memorial on 25 acres of land at Kartarpur in Jalandhar, he said adding, Rs 100 crore would be used for the project.
Badal said that ‘Sant Samaj’ and the spiritual leaders should make all out efforts for preaching the tenets of Sikhism, which could play a pivotal role in curbing social evils that had plagued the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog