Badal commits to perpetuate cultural legacy of Punjab
Mohali: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said the state government has taken several "path breaking" initiatives to perpetuate the rich cultural and religious legacy among the younger generations.
It was the duty of the state government to acquaint youngsters with the state`s rich cultural heritage, Badal said while addressing a religious congregation at Badmajra-Balaungi here.
Construction of Virasat-e-Khalsa at Sri Anandpur Sahib, ‘Chhota Ghallughara Kahnuwan Chhambh Shaheedi Memorial’ at Kahnuwan, Memorial of Wadda Ghallughara at Kup Rahiran and Fateh Burj at Chhapar Chiri were an effort on part of the state government to continue the cultural heritage of Punjab, he said.
He said the Punjab government has already spent Rs 400 crore on the construction of Virasat-e-Khalsa which has emerged as a huge centre of attraction among people from all strata of society.
To pay tributes to the martyrs for their contribution in freedom struggle, the state government would soon start work for constructing a ‘Jang-e- Azaadi’ memorial on 25 acres of land at Kartarpur in Jalandhar, he said adding, Rs 100 crore would be used for the project.
Badal said that ‘Sant Samaj’ and the spiritual leaders should make all out efforts for preaching the tenets of Sikhism, which could play a pivotal role in curbing social evils that had plagued the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?