Badal commits to perpetuate cultural legacy of Punjab
Mohali: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said the state government has taken several "path breaking" initiatives to perpetuate the rich cultural and religious legacy among the younger generations.
It was the duty of the state government to acquaint youngsters with the state`s rich cultural heritage, Badal said while addressing a religious congregation at Badmajra-Balaungi here.
Construction of Virasat-e-Khalsa at Sri Anandpur Sahib, ‘Chhota Ghallughara Kahnuwan Chhambh Shaheedi Memorial’ at Kahnuwan, Memorial of Wadda Ghallughara at Kup Rahiran and Fateh Burj at Chhapar Chiri were an effort on part of the state government to continue the cultural heritage of Punjab, he said.
He said the Punjab government has already spent Rs 400 crore on the construction of Virasat-e-Khalsa which has emerged as a huge centre of attraction among people from all strata of society.
To pay tributes to the martyrs for their contribution in freedom struggle, the state government would soon start work for constructing a ‘Jang-e- Azaadi’ memorial on 25 acres of land at Kartarpur in Jalandhar, he said adding, Rs 100 crore would be used for the project.
Badal said that ‘Sant Samaj’ and the spiritual leaders should make all out efforts for preaching the tenets of Sikhism, which could play a pivotal role in curbing social evils that had plagued the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varanasi boy develops WhatsApp electrcial commanding device to control electronic device
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- India Inc's investment-grade credit ratings hit record high
- Ravichandran Ashwin retains No.2 spot in Test bowlers ranking
- Domestic passenger traffic to cross 100 million by year-end: DGCA
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader
- Congress backs Raghuram Rajan, says India ''going through a bad shape''