Badal demands complete rollback
Chandigarh: Demanding total rollback of the hike in petrol prices, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said the cut in the price of the fuel by Rs two was merely an "eyewash".
In a statement, he said UPA government had once again stabbed the common man in the back by not withdrawing the complete hike in petrol prices.
Badal said the reduction in the hike of the fuel price by Rs two was merely an "eyewash".
He alleged the Congress-led government at the Centre had been under tremendous pressure of the oil companies for making reckless hike in petrol prices from time to time.
Badal said the UPA government had blatantly ignored the sentiments of the people by denying them the much-awaited respite by rolling back the entire hike.
The people were already leading a miserable life due to price spiral and ill-conceived policies of the government.
Faced with a public outcry, petrol prices were today cut by Rs 2.02 per litre in a partial rollback of the Rs 7.54 a litre hike effected more than a week ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'