Badal demands complete rollback
Chandigarh: Demanding total rollback of the hike in petrol prices, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said the cut in the price of the fuel by Rs two was merely an "eyewash".
In a statement, he said UPA government had once again stabbed the common man in the back by not withdrawing the complete hike in petrol prices.
Badal said the reduction in the hike of the fuel price by Rs two was merely an "eyewash".
He alleged the Congress-led government at the Centre had been under tremendous pressure of the oil companies for making reckless hike in petrol prices from time to time.
Badal said the UPA government had blatantly ignored the sentiments of the people by denying them the much-awaited respite by rolling back the entire hike.
The people were already leading a miserable life due to price spiral and ill-conceived policies of the government.
Faced with a public outcry, petrol prices were today cut by Rs 2.02 per litre in a partial rollback of the Rs 7.54 a litre hike effected more than a week ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’