Badal demands general amnesty for Sikh youths
Kapurthala: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday slammed the Centre for leaving Sikh youths
who took political asylum abroad during the days of militancy
out of the ambit of its proposed move to grant general amnesty
to PoK-based Kashmiri youths who give up arms and return.
"When the country is one, what is the harm in giving
general amnesty to Sikh youths who want to shun violence and
join the mainstream," Badal told reporters here on the
sidelines of a function.
Noting that a number of Sikh youths took political
asylum in foreign countries including Pakistan during
militancy in Punjab, the Chief Minister said he wwould take up
the issue with the Union Home Minister P Chidambaram when the
latter visits Amritsar on February 20.
Centre has always adopted a discriminatory attitude
towards the genuine demands of Punjab, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof