Badal demands general amnesty for Sikh youths
Kapurthala: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Thursday slammed the Centre for leaving Sikh youths
who took political asylum abroad during the days of militancy
out of the ambit of its proposed move to grant general amnesty
to PoK-based Kashmiri youths who give up arms and return.
"When the country is one, what is the harm in giving
general amnesty to Sikh youths who want to shun violence and
join the mainstream," Badal told reporters here on the
sidelines of a function.
Noting that a number of Sikh youths took political
asylum in foreign countries including Pakistan during
militancy in Punjab, the Chief Minister said he wwould take up
the issue with the Union Home Minister P Chidambaram when the
latter visits Amritsar on February 20.
Centre has always adopted a discriminatory attitude
towards the genuine demands of Punjab, he alleged.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata