Badal describes Amarinder Singh a "famous absentee"
Dasuya: Describing Amarinder Singh as a "famous absentee", Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said the Congress leader had rarely attended assembly sessions and was over-excited at his one-day attendance during the budget session.
"Maharaja Sahib has rarely attended assembly sessions and, therefore, is over-excited at his one-day presence in the House during the just-concluded budget session," the Chief Minister told reporters here.
He was trying to highlight this as his major life-time achievement, Badal said.
The Chief Minister was in Hoshiyarpur to campaign for the SAD-BJP candidate for the Dasuya assembly bypoll.
Addressing a string of election rallies in favour of combine`s nominee Sukhjit Kaur Sahi, he said the SAD-BJP was determined to fulfil all the promises made to the electorate.
"The SAD-BJP alliance has adopted a pro-people model of governance negating the anti-people policies of the previous Congress government.
"Despite financial constraints, the state government has continued with subsidies besides accelerating the process of development," he said.
Badal described the Congress as a "visionless and directionless" party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing