Badal describes Amarinder Singh a "famous absentee"
Dasuya: Describing Amarinder Singh as a "famous absentee", Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said the Congress leader had rarely attended assembly sessions and was over-excited at his one-day attendance during the budget session.
"Maharaja Sahib has rarely attended assembly sessions and, therefore, is over-excited at his one-day presence in the House during the just-concluded budget session," the Chief Minister told reporters here.
He was trying to highlight this as his major life-time achievement, Badal said.
The Chief Minister was in Hoshiyarpur to campaign for the SAD-BJP candidate for the Dasuya assembly bypoll.
Addressing a string of election rallies in favour of combine`s nominee Sukhjit Kaur Sahi, he said the SAD-BJP was determined to fulfil all the promises made to the electorate.
"The SAD-BJP alliance has adopted a pro-people model of governance negating the anti-people policies of the previous Congress government.
"Despite financial constraints, the state government has continued with subsidies besides accelerating the process of development," he said.
Badal described the Congress as a "visionless and directionless" party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH