Badal describes Amarinder Singh a "famous absentee"
Dasuya: Describing Amarinder Singh as a "famous absentee", Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said the Congress leader had rarely attended assembly sessions and was over-excited at his one-day attendance during the budget session.
"Maharaja Sahib has rarely attended assembly sessions and, therefore, is over-excited at his one-day presence in the House during the just-concluded budget session," the Chief Minister told reporters here.
He was trying to highlight this as his major life-time achievement, Badal said.
The Chief Minister was in Hoshiyarpur to campaign for the SAD-BJP candidate for the Dasuya assembly bypoll.
Addressing a string of election rallies in favour of combine`s nominee Sukhjit Kaur Sahi, he said the SAD-BJP was determined to fulfil all the promises made to the electorate.
"The SAD-BJP alliance has adopted a pro-people model of governance negating the anti-people policies of the previous Congress government.
"Despite financial constraints, the state government has continued with subsidies besides accelerating the process of development," he said.
Badal described the Congress as a "visionless and directionless" party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday