Badal for allotment of houses to 1984 riot victims
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Parkash Singh
Badal on Thursday asked Punjab Urban Development Authority (PUDA) to
start the process of allotment of houses to all the valid red
card holder victims of 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
A decision to this effect was taken by Badal while
presiding over a high level meeting here, an official
spokesman said here.
The Chief Minister further directed that the house
allotment to those red card holders who had occupied the
houses illegally at Ludhiana and Mohali till March 31, 2011 to
be regularized, whereas the remaining vacant houses would also
be allotted to the red card holders who had not been allotted
any house earlier.
He further directed PUDA to coordinate with the concerned
authorities to invite fresh applications and expedite the
Badal also approved including the names of grand children
of the riot victims in their red cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says