Badal for allotment of houses to 1984 riot victims
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Parkash Singh
Badal on Thursday asked Punjab Urban Development Authority (PUDA) to
start the process of allotment of houses to all the valid red
card holder victims of 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
A decision to this effect was taken by Badal while
presiding over a high level meeting here, an official
spokesman said here.
The Chief Minister further directed that the house
allotment to those red card holders who had occupied the
houses illegally at Ludhiana and Mohali till March 31, 2011 to
be regularized, whereas the remaining vacant houses would also
be allotted to the red card holders who had not been allotted
any house earlier.
He further directed PUDA to coordinate with the concerned
authorities to invite fresh applications and expedite the
Badal also approved including the names of grand children
of the riot victims in their red cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?