Badal for allotment of houses to 1984 riot victims
Chandigarh: Chief Minister Parkash Singh
Badal on Thursday asked Punjab Urban Development Authority (PUDA) to
start the process of allotment of houses to all the valid red
card holder victims of 1984 anti-Sikh riots.
A decision to this effect was taken by Badal while
presiding over a high level meeting here, an official
spokesman said here.
The Chief Minister further directed that the house
allotment to those red card holders who had occupied the
houses illegally at Ludhiana and Mohali till March 31, 2011 to
be regularized, whereas the remaining vacant houses would also
be allotted to the red card holders who had not been allotted
any house earlier.
He further directed PUDA to coordinate with the concerned
authorities to invite fresh applications and expedite the
Badal also approved including the names of grand children
of the riot victims in their red cards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results declared
- PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi pay homage to Jawaharlal Nehru on 52nd death anniversary
- Gwyneth Paltrow, Chris Martin officially divorced
- Islamic State hit by 150 US-led air strikes near Syria`s Raqa: Monitor
- Veerappan movie review: Brilliant camerawork engages you