Badal forms committee to streamline SAD-BJP alliance working
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday constituted a six-member State Coordination Committee of Shiromani Akali Dal and BJP to streamline day-to-day functioning and cooperation between the alliance partners.
SAD senior vice president Ranjit Singh Brahampura, secretary seneral Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and general secretary Balwinder Singh Bhunder will represent the Akali Dal in the committee, while Pathankot MLA Ashwani Sharma, senior BJP leaders Narottam Dev Ratti and Rajinder Bhandari will be the BJP nominees, SAD general secretary Harcharan Singh Bains said here today.
Similar committees will be set up at all district headquarters shortly for enhanced coordination at the grassroot level, he said.
In the recent past, there have been a few incidents which have reportedly led to friction between the two allies.
In June, BJP leaders from Punjab had questioned Badal`s meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi without any state BJP leaders.
However, later Badal had said that as the head of a state, every Chief Minister can meet the Prime Minister and Union Ministers any time because the sole motive of these meetings is to ensure the welfare and development of the state. He had said he had no objection if any leader accompanied him to such meetings.
The Chief Minister had then maintained that the SAD-BJP alliance was very firm and there was a cordial relationship between the two parties.
However, in another incident last month, SAD had asked BJP MLA Anil Joshi not to politicise the matter of Punjab government deciding to rollback `advance tax on stock`.
Earlier, Akalis had attacked former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu`s wife, Amritsar East MLA Navjot Kaur, for demanding SAD minister Bikram Singh Majithia`s resignation over senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s defeat in Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks