Badal forms committee to streamline SAD-BJP alliance working
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday constituted a six-member State Coordination Committee of Shiromani Akali Dal and BJP to streamline day-to-day functioning and cooperation between the alliance partners.
SAD senior vice president Ranjit Singh Brahampura, secretary seneral Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and general secretary Balwinder Singh Bhunder will represent the Akali Dal in the committee, while Pathankot MLA Ashwani Sharma, senior BJP leaders Narottam Dev Ratti and Rajinder Bhandari will be the BJP nominees, SAD general secretary Harcharan Singh Bains said here today.
Similar committees will be set up at all district headquarters shortly for enhanced coordination at the grassroot level, he said.
In the recent past, there have been a few incidents which have reportedly led to friction between the two allies.
In June, BJP leaders from Punjab had questioned Badal`s meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi without any state BJP leaders.
However, later Badal had said that as the head of a state, every Chief Minister can meet the Prime Minister and Union Ministers any time because the sole motive of these meetings is to ensure the welfare and development of the state. He had said he had no objection if any leader accompanied him to such meetings.
The Chief Minister had then maintained that the SAD-BJP alliance was very firm and there was a cordial relationship between the two parties.
However, in another incident last month, SAD had asked BJP MLA Anil Joshi not to politicise the matter of Punjab government deciding to rollback `advance tax on stock`.
Earlier, Akalis had attacked former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu`s wife, Amritsar East MLA Navjot Kaur, for demanding SAD minister Bikram Singh Majithia`s resignation over senior BJP leader Arun Jaitley`s defeat in Lok Sabha polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview