Badal left unprotected for a short while in Pakistan
Lahore: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal and his 45-member delegation were left unprotected for a short while when their Pakistani police guards left their duty and went off to have dinner at a club here.
The incident occurred last night at the Royal Country Palm Club, where Pakistani businessmen had hosted a dinner for the Indian visitors.
Punjab Police chief Haji Habibur Rehman took serious note of the "security lapse" and ordered an inquiry into the incident, officials said.
Superintendent of Police (Security) Shomail Akram, however, contended the incident was not a security lapse.
"The policemen performing duty with the Indian delegation were hungry and they had to eat at the function. They were present on the premises while having dinner and therefore there is no question of a security lapse," he argued.
The Punjab Police chief`s office said the inquiry would establish whether there was a security lapse.
The Indian delegation yesterday visited Lahore Fort and Badshahi Mosque. They also went to the Food Street near the Mughal-era mosque.
Badal attended a Youth Festival along with Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.
Leaders of the Pakistan People`s Party, which is in power at the centre, hosted a luncheon for the delegation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog