Badal offers free higher learning facilities to NE students
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday offered to provide free higher education facilities to deserving underprivileged students hailing from the northeast region in state`s universities.
An announcement to this effect was made by Badal during a meeting with a delegation of students from Arunachal, Assam and Mizoram, an official spokesman said here.
The students from northeastern states were on a visit to Punjab under a cultural exchange programme organised by ABVP.
Badal asked his Special Principal Secretary K J S Cheema to chalk out modalities for arranging some seats in private universities in Punjab for students from northeastern states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016