Badal offers free higher learning facilities to NE students
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Wednesday offered to provide free higher education facilities to deserving underprivileged students hailing from the northeast region in state`s universities.
An announcement to this effect was made by Badal during a meeting with a delegation of students from Arunachal, Assam and Mizoram, an official spokesman said here.
The students from northeastern states were on a visit to Punjab under a cultural exchange programme organised by ABVP.
Badal asked his Special Principal Secretary K J S Cheema to chalk out modalities for arranging some seats in private universities in Punjab for students from northeastern states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof