Badal pays homage to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru
Khatkarkalan: Punjab Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal Friday announced that work will soon start on a state-of-the-art memorial in the Doaba region to depict the role played by people of the state in freedom struggle.
Addressing a function here to mark the martyrdom of
Shaheed-e-Aazam Sardar Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev, he
said the memorial would be constructed on the pattern of
Virasat-e-Khalsa heritage centre at Sri Anandpur Sahib.
Badal said, "We should feel proud over the fact that
despite having a population of only 2.5 per cent in the
country, people from Punjab account for 80 per cent of the
total number of the martyrs of freedom struggle."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you