Badal pays homage to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru
Khatkarkalan: Punjab Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal Friday announced that work will soon start on a state-of-the-art memorial in the Doaba region to depict the role played by people of the state in freedom struggle.
Addressing a function here to mark the martyrdom of
Shaheed-e-Aazam Sardar Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev, he
said the memorial would be constructed on the pattern of
Virasat-e-Khalsa heritage centre at Sri Anandpur Sahib.
Badal said, "We should feel proud over the fact that
despite having a population of only 2.5 per cent in the
country, people from Punjab account for 80 per cent of the
total number of the martyrs of freedom struggle."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II