Badal pays homage to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru
Khatkarkalan: Punjab Chief Minister
Parkash Singh Badal Friday announced that work will soon start on a state-of-the-art memorial in the Doaba region to depict the role played by people of the state in freedom struggle.
Addressing a function here to mark the martyrdom of
Shaheed-e-Aazam Sardar Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev, he
said the memorial would be constructed on the pattern of
Virasat-e-Khalsa heritage centre at Sri Anandpur Sahib.
Badal said, "We should feel proud over the fact that
despite having a population of only 2.5 per cent in the
country, people from Punjab account for 80 per cent of the
total number of the martyrs of freedom struggle."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?