Badal says Union budget anti-farmer, disappointing
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Monday described the Union Budget as
"disappointing" and "anti-farmer" and said it provides no
relief to any section of the society.
In a statement here, Badal said that the budgetary
proposals were completely lacklustre, as these did not specify
bold initiatives required to tackle the problems of inflation,
unemployment, poverty being faced by the poor in the country
besides addressing the issues of farmers.
He said that the proposals contained in the Finance
Minister`s speech will further unleash inflationary trends and
take the prices to unprecedented heights.
Badal alleged that the Union Budget was devoid of any
rationale and commitment.
Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee failed to
stipulate any concrete measure to tackle the high rate of
inflation in his budget speech, which spoke volumes of
government`s inept handling of fiscal management and
insensitivity on its part in controlling the spiralling prices
of essential commodities, he alleged.
The Congress government which claimed to be a votary
of `aam aadmi` had completely dashed his hopes of getting some
relief from inflation, he said.
He also described budget as "anti-farmer" and said it
will dampen the growth and demoralise enterprise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances
- Germany says 'won`t let anyone take Europe from us'