Badal seeks clearance of irrigation projects
New Delhi: Seeking early clearance of various irrigation projects in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday met Union Minister of Water Resources and Parliamentary Affairs Pawan Kumar Bansal at his Parliament House office.
Accompanied by Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the CM requested Bansal to immediately release Rs 734 crore for extension, renovation and modernisation of Abohar, Sidhwan, Bathinda and Bist Doab canals.
Badal also requested Bansal to direct CWC to clear the pending project for construction of embankment and widening of the remaining portion of river Ghaggar so that people of the downstream area of Khanauri in Sangrur district could be saved from the fury of floods.
He also sought expeditious clearance for comprehensive project worth Rs 3,498.40 crore to conserve and augment its depleting ground water resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon