Badal seeks clearance of irrigation projects
New Delhi: Seeking early clearance of various irrigation projects in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday met Union Minister of Water Resources and Parliamentary Affairs Pawan Kumar Bansal at his Parliament House office.
Accompanied by Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the CM requested Bansal to immediately release Rs 734 crore for extension, renovation and modernisation of Abohar, Sidhwan, Bathinda and Bist Doab canals.
Badal also requested Bansal to direct CWC to clear the pending project for construction of embankment and widening of the remaining portion of river Ghaggar so that people of the downstream area of Khanauri in Sangrur district could be saved from the fury of floods.
He also sought expeditious clearance for comprehensive project worth Rs 3,498.40 crore to conserve and augment its depleting ground water resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics