Badal seeks clearance of irrigation projects
New Delhi: Seeking early clearance of various irrigation projects in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday met Union Minister of Water Resources and Parliamentary Affairs Pawan Kumar Bansal at his Parliament House office.
Accompanied by Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the CM requested Bansal to immediately release Rs 734 crore for extension, renovation and modernisation of Abohar, Sidhwan, Bathinda and Bist Doab canals.
Badal also requested Bansal to direct CWC to clear the pending project for construction of embankment and widening of the remaining portion of river Ghaggar so that people of the downstream area of Khanauri in Sangrur district could be saved from the fury of floods.
He also sought expeditious clearance for comprehensive project worth Rs 3,498.40 crore to conserve and augment its depleting ground water resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders