Badal seeks clearance of irrigation projects
New Delhi: Seeking early clearance of various irrigation projects in Punjab, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Monday met Union Minister of Water Resources and Parliamentary Affairs Pawan Kumar Bansal at his Parliament House office.
Accompanied by Bathinda MP Harsimrat Kaur Badal, the CM requested Bansal to immediately release Rs 734 crore for extension, renovation and modernisation of Abohar, Sidhwan, Bathinda and Bist Doab canals.
Badal also requested Bansal to direct CWC to clear the pending project for construction of embankment and widening of the remaining portion of river Ghaggar so that people of the downstream area of Khanauri in Sangrur district could be saved from the fury of floods.
He also sought expeditious clearance for comprehensive project worth Rs 3,498.40 crore to conserve and augment its depleting ground water resources.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh