Badal strongly condemns hike in prices of petrol, diesel
Chandigarh: Condemning the hike in fuel prices by the Congress-led UPA government on Friday, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said that the Centre`s anti-poor policies were ruining the life of common man.
Badal described the hike as another blow to the already beleaguered poor and common people and said that this was part of the continuing anti-poor policies of the UPA government.
The government today announced hike in petrol prices by Rs 1.50/litre and diesel prices by 45 paise/litre.
In a statement released here today, the Chief Minister demanded its immediate roll back.
The Congress-led UPA was playing into the hands of the corporate lobby and filling their coffers, the Chief Minister alleged.
He said that the repeated hikes in petrol and diesel prices are a major blow to the common man as prices of essential commodities have already skyrocketed due to the financial mismanagement of the UPA government.
The diesel price hike will also have an adverse effect on farmers as they use diesel pumps to irrigate their crop, he said.
The transport sector is already bearing the brunt of the hike in the petrol and diesel prices and today`s hike will further mitigate problems of the transporters and ultimately it will be the common man who will have to bear the brunt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price