Badal, Sukhbir keeps 7 departments each, Dhindsa with FM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal tonight allocated porfolios to his cabinet
colleagues, giving finance to one of his close aides,
retaining seven ministries to himself and giving charge of an
equal number of departments to his son and Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
The departments which Badal kept with himself include
Personnel, General Administration, Power, Cooperation, Science
Technology and Environment, Vigilance and Employment
Generation, an official release said here.
Sukhbir was allocated charge of Home, departments of
Governance Reforms, Housing, Excise and Taxation, Investment
Promotion, Sports and Youth Services Welfare and Civil
Aviation, the release said.
Parminder Singh Dhindsa, son of Akali Dal General
Secretaryand MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, will be Finance and
Apart from it, he has also been allocated Institutional
Finance and Banking and Programme plementation.
Bhagat Chunni Lal of BJP will be Local Government
minister besides being in charge of Medical Education &
Sarwan Singh Phillaur has been given charge of departments
of Jails, Tourism, Cultural Affairs, Archives & Museums and
Printing & Stationery.
The Chief minister`s son-in-law Adesh Partap Singh Kairon
has been retained as Food and Civil Supplies minister. He was
also allocated the department of IT.
Ajit Singh Kohar will be incharge of Transport, Legal &
Legislative Affairs and Elections.
Gulzar Singh Ranike had been allocated the departments of
Animal Husbandry & Fisheries, Dairy Development and Welfare of
SC & BC.
Besides being Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Madan
Mohan Mittal, also of BJP, will be Health & Family Welfare and
Social Security & Development of Women & Children Minister.
Janmeja Singh Sekhon had been retained as Irrigation
Minister while Tota Singh will be Agriculture minister.
The only woman in the Badal cabinet Bibi Jagir Kaur was
given the departments of Rural Water Supply & Sanitation,
Defence Services Welfare and Removal of Grievances and Welfare
Surjit Kumar Jyani will be new Forest & Wildlife and
Bikram Singh Majitha, brother-in-law of Sukhbir, has been
allocated the departments of Revenue & Rehablitation,
Information & Public Relations, Non Conventional Energy and
Sikander Singh Malooka will be Education and Higher
Education & Languages minister.
Young BJP leader Anil Joshi was allocated the departments
of Industry & Commerce and Technical Training & Industrial
Surjit Singh Rakhra will be Rural Development & Panchayat
minister whereas Sharanjit Singh Dhillon has been allocated
Meanwhile, Punjab government has appointed Bhupinder
Singh Dhillon as Political Secretary to Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal in the rank of minister of state with immediate
A spokesperson of the Chief Minister`s office said
Dhillon had served earlier in the same capacity during the
tenure of SAD- BJP government from 1997 to 2002 and again in
the last SAD-BJP Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof