Badal, Sukhbir keeps 7 departments each, Dhindsa with FM
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal tonight allocated porfolios to his cabinet
colleagues, giving finance to one of his close aides,
retaining seven ministries to himself and giving charge of an
equal number of departments to his son and Deputy Chief
Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.
The departments which Badal kept with himself include
Personnel, General Administration, Power, Cooperation, Science
Technology and Environment, Vigilance and Employment
Generation, an official release said here.
Sukhbir was allocated charge of Home, departments of
Governance Reforms, Housing, Excise and Taxation, Investment
Promotion, Sports and Youth Services Welfare and Civil
Aviation, the release said.
Parminder Singh Dhindsa, son of Akali Dal General
Secretaryand MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa, will be Finance and
Apart from it, he has also been allocated Institutional
Finance and Banking and Programme plementation.
Bhagat Chunni Lal of BJP will be Local Government
minister besides being in charge of Medical Education &
Sarwan Singh Phillaur has been given charge of departments
of Jails, Tourism, Cultural Affairs, Archives & Museums and
Printing & Stationery.
The Chief minister`s son-in-law Adesh Partap Singh Kairon
has been retained as Food and Civil Supplies minister. He was
also allocated the department of IT.
Ajit Singh Kohar will be incharge of Transport, Legal &
Legislative Affairs and Elections.
Gulzar Singh Ranike had been allocated the departments of
Animal Husbandry & Fisheries, Dairy Development and Welfare of
SC & BC.
Besides being Parliamentary Affairs Minister, Madan
Mohan Mittal, also of BJP, will be Health & Family Welfare and
Social Security & Development of Women & Children Minister.
Janmeja Singh Sekhon had been retained as Irrigation
Minister while Tota Singh will be Agriculture minister.
The only woman in the Badal cabinet Bibi Jagir Kaur was
given the departments of Rural Water Supply & Sanitation,
Defence Services Welfare and Removal of Grievances and Welfare
Surjit Kumar Jyani will be new Forest & Wildlife and
Bikram Singh Majitha, brother-in-law of Sukhbir, has been
allocated the departments of Revenue & Rehablitation,
Information & Public Relations, Non Conventional Energy and
Sikander Singh Malooka will be Education and Higher
Education & Languages minister.
Young BJP leader Anil Joshi was allocated the departments
of Industry & Commerce and Technical Training & Industrial
Surjit Singh Rakhra will be Rural Development & Panchayat
minister whereas Sharanjit Singh Dhillon has been allocated
Meanwhile, Punjab government has appointed Bhupinder
Singh Dhillon as Political Secretary to Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal in the rank of minister of state with immediate
A spokesperson of the Chief Minister`s office said
Dhillon had served earlier in the same capacity during the
tenure of SAD- BJP government from 1997 to 2002 and again in
the last SAD-BJP Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH