Badal takes a dig at Manpreet, says PPP has no future
Moga (Punjab): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday claimed that by parting ways with Akali Dal "at the behest of Congress", his nephew Manpreet has committed a "political suicide".
Speaking at a function here, Badal said the PPP, which "failed miserably" in last year`s Assembly elections and the recently-concluded Moga bypoll, is going to have no future in the state.
Alleging that the formation of PPP was part of a "divide and rule conspiracy" to weaken the base of Shiromani Akali Dal, the Chief Minister said that Manpreet had "fallen prey" to the "cheap tactics" of Congress, Badal said here.
"SAD has emerged victorious and more powerful (even) after every such attempt," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state