Badal takes a dig at Manpreet, says PPP has no future
Moga (Punjab): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday claimed that by parting ways with Akali Dal "at the behest of Congress", his nephew Manpreet has committed a "political suicide".
Speaking at a function here, Badal said the PPP, which "failed miserably" in last year`s Assembly elections and the recently-concluded Moga bypoll, is going to have no future in the state.
Alleging that the formation of PPP was part of a "divide and rule conspiracy" to weaken the base of Shiromani Akali Dal, the Chief Minister said that Manpreet had "fallen prey" to the "cheap tactics" of Congress, Badal said here.
"SAD has emerged victorious and more powerful (even) after every such attempt," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok