Badal takes a dig at Manpreet, says PPP has no future
Moga (Punjab): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday claimed that by parting ways with Akali Dal "at the behest of Congress", his nephew Manpreet has committed a "political suicide".
Speaking at a function here, Badal said the PPP, which "failed miserably" in last year`s Assembly elections and the recently-concluded Moga bypoll, is going to have no future in the state.
Alleging that the formation of PPP was part of a "divide and rule conspiracy" to weaken the base of Shiromani Akali Dal, the Chief Minister said that Manpreet had "fallen prey" to the "cheap tactics" of Congress, Badal said here.
"SAD has emerged victorious and more powerful (even) after every such attempt," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal