Badal takes a dig at Manpreet, says PPP has no future
Moga (Punjab): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday claimed that by parting ways with Akali Dal "at the behest of Congress", his nephew Manpreet has committed a "political suicide".
Speaking at a function here, Badal said the PPP, which "failed miserably" in last year`s Assembly elections and the recently-concluded Moga bypoll, is going to have no future in the state.
Alleging that the formation of PPP was part of a "divide and rule conspiracy" to weaken the base of Shiromani Akali Dal, the Chief Minister said that Manpreet had "fallen prey" to the "cheap tactics" of Congress, Badal said here.
"SAD has emerged victorious and more powerful (even) after every such attempt," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users