Badal takes a dig at Manpreet, says PPP has no future
Moga (Punjab): Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday claimed that by parting ways with Akali Dal "at the behest of Congress", his nephew Manpreet has committed a "political suicide".
Speaking at a function here, Badal said the PPP, which "failed miserably" in last year`s Assembly elections and the recently-concluded Moga bypoll, is going to have no future in the state.
Alleging that the formation of PPP was part of a "divide and rule conspiracy" to weaken the base of Shiromani Akali Dal, the Chief Minister said that Manpreet had "fallen prey" to the "cheap tactics" of Congress, Badal said here.
"SAD has emerged victorious and more powerful (even) after every such attempt," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 10-year-old boy injured after minor girl forces sex in Kanpur
- Plane catches fire while making emergency landing in Singapore
- Dear Deepika Padukone, your IIFA attires were KILLER! View in pics
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan
- Oil prices fall as Brexit lingers, refined products glut looms