Badal takes jibe at Bal Thackeray
Patiala: Shiromani Akali Dal patriarch Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday took a jibe at Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray for his remarks that Sushma Swaraj is the "only deserving" Prime Ministerial candidate in the BJP, saying it is premature to say anything at this stage.
"It is premature to say who is going to be our next Prime Minister," Badal, whose party SAD is a key NDA ally, told a press conference in village Dugaal in Patiala district.
"How many seats any party will get will be known later," the Punjab Chief Minister said when asked to comment on Thackeray`s remarks.
On move by some parties to form a Third Front before the next Lok Sabha elections, Badal termed the exercise as "opportunistic".
He, however, made it clear that the SAD is with the BJP and "any decision taken by them will be binding on all of us".
On Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh`s demand to declare a financial emergency in the state, Badal said the state has witnessed unprecedented development during the SAD-BJP regime which the Opposition is not able to digest.
Badal was here to attend the `bhog` ceremony of Satwant Singh Kaleka, who was killed in the shooting incident at Oak Creek gurudwara in Wisconsin in the United States on August five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda