Badal takes jibe at Bal Thackeray
Patiala: Shiromani Akali Dal patriarch Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday took a jibe at Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray for his remarks that Sushma Swaraj is the "only deserving" Prime Ministerial candidate in the BJP, saying it is premature to say anything at this stage.
"It is premature to say who is going to be our next Prime Minister," Badal, whose party SAD is a key NDA ally, told a press conference in village Dugaal in Patiala district.
"How many seats any party will get will be known later," the Punjab Chief Minister said when asked to comment on Thackeray`s remarks.
On move by some parties to form a Third Front before the next Lok Sabha elections, Badal termed the exercise as "opportunistic".
He, however, made it clear that the SAD is with the BJP and "any decision taken by them will be binding on all of us".
On Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh`s demand to declare a financial emergency in the state, Badal said the state has witnessed unprecedented development during the SAD-BJP regime which the Opposition is not able to digest.
Badal was here to attend the `bhog` ceremony of Satwant Singh Kaleka, who was killed in the shooting incident at Oak Creek gurudwara in Wisconsin in the United States on August five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery