Badal takes jibe at Bal Thackeray
Patiala: Shiromani Akali Dal patriarch Parkash Singh Badal Wednesday took a jibe at Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray for his remarks that Sushma Swaraj is the "only deserving" Prime Ministerial candidate in the BJP, saying it is premature to say anything at this stage.
"It is premature to say who is going to be our next Prime Minister," Badal, whose party SAD is a key NDA ally, told a press conference in village Dugaal in Patiala district.
"How many seats any party will get will be known later," the Punjab Chief Minister said when asked to comment on Thackeray`s remarks.
On move by some parties to form a Third Front before the next Lok Sabha elections, Badal termed the exercise as "opportunistic".
He, however, made it clear that the SAD is with the BJP and "any decision taken by them will be binding on all of us".
On Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh`s demand to declare a financial emergency in the state, Badal said the state has witnessed unprecedented development during the SAD-BJP regime which the Opposition is not able to digest.
Badal was here to attend the `bhog` ceremony of Satwant Singh Kaleka, who was killed in the shooting incident at Oak Creek gurudwara in Wisconsin in the United States on August five.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation