Badal to apprise PM of problems faced by flood victims
Muktsar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said he would apprise Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of people`s plight in the flood-affected areas of the state during his visit to Chandigarh on Thursday.
Addressing a gathering during his visit to water-logged areas of Sri Muktsar Sahib district, Badal said he would inform Singh about the hardship faced by the people in this region and sought his assistance.
Badal said he had already raised the issue of meagre compensation given to victims of natural tragedy with the Union Home Minister.
"I will raise the same matter with the Prime Minister, so that adequate and timely relief could be provided to the flood victims," he said.
The devastation has ruined the economy of the region and the Centre must extend help in this hour of crisis, he said.
The Chief Minister said the state government was fully sensitive towards the agonies faced by the people.
Assuring the flood victims that no stone would be left unturned to rehabilitate them, Badal said the entire state was rallying behind them.
"The state government was committed to help the people in this hour of crisis and I will do everything possible to ensure relief and rehabilitation to the victims," he said.
Lashing out at the Congress, the Chief Minister said instead of helping the flood victims, the leadership was busy in castigating the state government to get cheap publicity.
Badal advised the Congress leaders to channelise their energy for the welfare of people rather than resorting to such political gimmicks which were vitiating the atmosphere of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India