Badal to lay foundation stone of Jang-e-Azadi memorial in October
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will lay the foundation stone of Rs 200-crore `Jang-e-Azadi` memorial that will showcase the rich legacy and contribution of Punjabis in the country`s freedom struggle, in Jalandhar on October 12.
The memorial, located at Kartarpur will be spread over 25 acres and has been conceptualised and designed by leading architect Raj Rewal.
A decision to this effect was taken in the meeting of the Jang-e-Azadi Memorial Foundation, held here under the chairmanship of Badal, an official release said here today.
Badal directed concerned officials to make all arrangements well in advance for the foundation stone laying ceremony of this project, besides inviting all the family members of the freedom fighters and other patriots associated with different movements in the nation`s freedom struggle.
"It is a unique initiative of the state government to construct this memorial over an area of 25 acres at Kartarpur at a cost of Rs 200 crore, to showcase the rich legacy and enormous contribution of Punjabis in the Indian freedom struggle," he said.
Badal also approved the design layout of the upcoming memorial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal