Badal to lay foundation stone of Jang-e-Azadi memorial in October
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will lay the foundation stone of Rs 200-crore `Jang-e-Azadi` memorial that will showcase the rich legacy and contribution of Punjabis in the country`s freedom struggle, in Jalandhar on October 12.
The memorial, located at Kartarpur will be spread over 25 acres and has been conceptualised and designed by leading architect Raj Rewal.
A decision to this effect was taken in the meeting of the Jang-e-Azadi Memorial Foundation, held here under the chairmanship of Badal, an official release said here today.
Badal directed concerned officials to make all arrangements well in advance for the foundation stone laying ceremony of this project, besides inviting all the family members of the freedom fighters and other patriots associated with different movements in the nation`s freedom struggle.
"It is a unique initiative of the state government to construct this memorial over an area of 25 acres at Kartarpur at a cost of Rs 200 crore, to showcase the rich legacy and enormous contribution of Punjabis in the Indian freedom struggle," he said.
Badal also approved the design layout of the upcoming memorial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you