Badal urges Union govt to speed up formalities for training centres
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today urged the Union government to expedite formalities for setting up of two training centres near Chandigarh.
In a letter to Union Labour and Employment Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Badal underscored the need to complete the formalities for the establishment of Regional Vocational Training Institute and Regional Directorate Apprenticeship Training Centre, according to an official release.
He said the institutions will go a long way in strengthening and improving the quality of skill development training in general and empowerment of women in particular.
He told the Union Minister that the state government has identified suitable land for the centres. Badal said the land has been inspected by officials of the Ministry of Labour and Employment and the process of its transfer has been expedited.
The state government will also provide adequate connectivity to the site, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family