Badal urges Union govt to speed up formalities for training centres
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today urged the Union government to expedite formalities for setting up of two training centres near Chandigarh.
In a letter to Union Labour and Employment Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Badal underscored the need to complete the formalities for the establishment of Regional Vocational Training Institute and Regional Directorate Apprenticeship Training Centre, according to an official release.
He said the institutions will go a long way in strengthening and improving the quality of skill development training in general and empowerment of women in particular.
He told the Union Minister that the state government has identified suitable land for the centres. Badal said the land has been inspected by officials of the Ministry of Labour and Employment and the process of its transfer has been expedited.
The state government will also provide adequate connectivity to the site, he added.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set