Badal`s pics on items under Centre schemes opposed
Jalandhar: The Congress Thursday opposed display of Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal`s pictures on ambulances, bicycles and other items doled out under centrally sponsored schemes, and asked the state government to replace them with the Prime Minister`s photos within a week.
"The Punjab government is using Chief Minister Badal`s photos on the schemes to fool the common man into believing that the schemes have been launched by his government," Punjab youth Congress chief Vikramjeet Singh Chaudhary alleged.
"We have asked the SAD-BJP government to replace Badal`s photos with those of PM Manmohan Singh in a week`s time, failing which, the Youth Congress will do it itself," he said.
Chaudhary said Badal`s photos were visible on `108 ambulance scheme`, bicycles for girl students, blue cards for the atta-dal scheme, among others.
He claimed during the Lok Sabha elections, his party had complained about this to the Election Commission, which had ordered removal of Badal`s photos. However, the pictures reappeared after the elections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid