Badal`s swearing-in: Amarinder figures in invitees
Chandigarh: Notwithstanding the bitter
political wrangling between them during the high-octane poll
process in Punjab, SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal has decided
to invite his political rival Congress` Amarinder Singh for
his swearing-in as chief minister for the fifth term.
Besides Amarinder, CLP leader Rajinder Kaur Bhattal`s
name also figures in the list of invitees for the swearing-in
ceremony on March 14 at Chappar Chiri in Ajit Singh Nagar
Sources close to Badal said he will send formal
invitations to Punjab Congress top leaders urging them to
forget the traditional political rivalry.
In the letter of invite to be sent to the Congress
leaders, Badal has appealed to them to forget political
rivalry and start afresh for the larger interest of welfare
and development of the state, they said.
In the run up to the Assembly polls, allegations and
counter-allegations between Amarinder and Badal used to be
larger part of their speeches during public gatherings.
The long list of invitees also include Uttar Pradesh`s
newly-elected CM Akhilesh Yadav, his father and SP chief
Mulayam Singh Yadav, Jammu and Kashmir CM Omar Abdullah, his
father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah, Himachal Pardesh CM
Prem Kumar Dhumal, Haryana CM Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Gujarat
CM Narendra Modi, Madhya Pardesh CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan,
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik and West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee.
Among others invited are BJP leaders L K Advani, Nitin
Gadkari, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj.
The SAD-BJP alliance got absolute majority in the
117-member House, winning 68 seats whereas opposition Congress
managed to get only 46 seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now