Bajwa asks Parkash Singh Badal to Perform or quit
Dharamkot: Alleging Punjab was on the verge of becoming a Banana Republic, state Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa on Sunday asked Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal to perform or quit.
"The state is close to becoming a Banana Republic due to anarchy-like situation prevailing in the government headed by Badal," he said here.
The SAD-BJP government had failed to control law and order, Bajwa said adding rampant corruption had plagued the system and the economy was in a shambles.
The government was resorting to "reckless borrowing and sale of public property to clear debts and pay salaries to its staff".
He asked the President to declare financial emergency in the state. "Selling government properties is like playing fraud with the people. The government has already sold properties of the Punjab Tourism Corporation at a throwaway price and is now mortgaging the land and buildings owned by the Punjab Urban Development Authority (PUDA)," Bajwa said.
The state Congress head said he would take up the issue of sale of government properties with the President and the Central government.
"Governance is the last thing on the agenda of Badal," Bajwa said and asked him to either perform or quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you