Bajwa demands peace memorial in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab unit of Congress on Monday raised demand for a peace memorial in memory of people killed during the days of militancy in the state.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal should call an all party meeting to take their views on setting up a peace memorial in the state, Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa told reporters here.
"Badal has already turned down the idea of peace memorial in Punjab claiming that it may disturb the peace and tranquillity of the state," he said and asked the BJP to clarify their stand on peace memorial.
"How can a peace memorial disturb peace in the state," he said.
"Interestingly, Badal has supported setting up memorials at Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar and Gurudwara Rakab Ganj in Delhi," Bajwa said.
Bajwa also criticised Badal for supporting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who was recently anointed as BJP`s Election Campaign Committee Chairman for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
The Janata Dal United has already snapped ties with the NDA after Modi`s elevation, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev