Bajwa demands peace memorial in Punjab
Chandigarh: The Punjab unit of Congress on Monday raised demand for a peace memorial in memory of people killed during the days of militancy in the state.
Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal should call an all party meeting to take their views on setting up a peace memorial in the state, Punjab Congress president Partap Singh Bajwa told reporters here.
"Badal has already turned down the idea of peace memorial in Punjab claiming that it may disturb the peace and tranquillity of the state," he said and asked the BJP to clarify their stand on peace memorial.
"How can a peace memorial disturb peace in the state," he said.
"Interestingly, Badal has supported setting up memorials at Harmandar Sahib, Amritsar and Gurudwara Rakab Ganj in Delhi," Bajwa said.
Bajwa also criticised Badal for supporting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who was recently anointed as BJP`s Election Campaign Committee Chairman for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
The Janata Dal United has already snapped ties with the NDA after Modi`s elevation, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government