Bajwa flays Sukhbir
Ludhiana: The Punjab Congress today said
that Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal has "failed" to honour his commitments, both as the Home as well as the Sports Minister.
"The man who goes about claiming mega success by organising politicised Kabbadi world cups has ignored forgotten and failed to honour his commitments as a Sports Minister," Congress state chief Partap Singh Bajwa said here.
Although around a whopping Rs 11 crore of tax payers money was spent on flamboyant bollywood star-studded opening and closing ceremonies of the Kabbadi World Cup, he has no time, interest or money to promote sports in Punjab as Head of the Department, Bajwa alleged.
Medals winners in national and international games are awaiting their cash awards for the last two and half years, he said.
The SAD-BJP combine government has failed to give the state`s highest sports awards - Maharaja Ranjit Singh Awards - since the year 2006 to outstanding sportspersons, he said.
"Neither he has no money to spare for kits of 4000 trainees in the residential and day boarding sports wing institutes across Punjab," he said.
Sukhbir also faltered to utilise the Rs 20 crore central grant under the Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan, due to his inability to contribute the 25 per cent share of the state, he said.
"As a result, Punjab failed to create new playgrounds in about 2500 villages of the state, neither could it buy equipment provided for under the said central scheme," he said.
The soaring crime graph in the state reveals the failure of Sukhbir as Home Minister, Bajwa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’