Bajwa flays Sukhbir
Ludhiana: The Punjab Congress today said
that Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal has "failed" to honour his commitments, both as the Home as well as the Sports Minister.
"The man who goes about claiming mega success by organising politicised Kabbadi world cups has ignored forgotten and failed to honour his commitments as a Sports Minister," Congress state chief Partap Singh Bajwa said here.
Although around a whopping Rs 11 crore of tax payers money was spent on flamboyant bollywood star-studded opening and closing ceremonies of the Kabbadi World Cup, he has no time, interest or money to promote sports in Punjab as Head of the Department, Bajwa alleged.
Medals winners in national and international games are awaiting their cash awards for the last two and half years, he said.
The SAD-BJP combine government has failed to give the state`s highest sports awards - Maharaja Ranjit Singh Awards - since the year 2006 to outstanding sportspersons, he said.
"Neither he has no money to spare for kits of 4000 trainees in the residential and day boarding sports wing institutes across Punjab," he said.
Sukhbir also faltered to utilise the Rs 20 crore central grant under the Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan, due to his inability to contribute the 25 per cent share of the state, he said.
"As a result, Punjab failed to create new playgrounds in about 2500 villages of the state, neither could it buy equipment provided for under the said central scheme," he said.
The soaring crime graph in the state reveals the failure of Sukhbir as Home Minister, Bajwa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP