Bajwa flays Sukhbir
Ludhiana: The Punjab Congress today said
that Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal has "failed" to honour his commitments, both as the Home as well as the Sports Minister.
"The man who goes about claiming mega success by organising politicised Kabbadi world cups has ignored forgotten and failed to honour his commitments as a Sports Minister," Congress state chief Partap Singh Bajwa said here.
Although around a whopping Rs 11 crore of tax payers money was spent on flamboyant bollywood star-studded opening and closing ceremonies of the Kabbadi World Cup, he has no time, interest or money to promote sports in Punjab as Head of the Department, Bajwa alleged.
Medals winners in national and international games are awaiting their cash awards for the last two and half years, he said.
The SAD-BJP combine government has failed to give the state`s highest sports awards - Maharaja Ranjit Singh Awards - since the year 2006 to outstanding sportspersons, he said.
"Neither he has no money to spare for kits of 4000 trainees in the residential and day boarding sports wing institutes across Punjab," he said.
Sukhbir also faltered to utilise the Rs 20 crore central grant under the Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan, due to his inability to contribute the 25 per cent share of the state, he said.
"As a result, Punjab failed to create new playgrounds in about 2500 villages of the state, neither could it buy equipment provided for under the said central scheme," he said.
The soaring crime graph in the state reveals the failure of Sukhbir as Home Minister, Bajwa said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh
- DNA: World's first' White Tiger' sanctuary opens in Madhya Pradesh - Part II
- DNA : Dr. Subhash Chandra Show on tips for successful life
- Solar Impulse 2 lands in Spain, completes world's first Atlantic flight
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer