Bajwa pays tribute to Bhagat Singh
Khatkar Kalan: The recently appointed Punjab Congress chief, Partap Singh Bajwa, on Saturday paid tributes to freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on the 82nd anniversary of his martyrdom.
"Shaheed Bhagat Singh was a brave revolutionary of the Indian independence movement. He remains a torch bearer of patriotism for youths not only in India but the whole universe," he said in a function here.
Lok Sabha MP Bajwa will take over as PPCC president in the presence of senior party leaders including, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, at party headquarters in Chandigarh later in the day.
He will replace former chief minister Amarinder Singh as the state unit chief of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Lodha panel denies of accusing selectors as morally 'depraved'
- Duleep Trophy: Abhinav Mukund, Sudeep Chatterjee pass 'Pink Test' with flying colours
- Militants attack American university in Kabul
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!