Bajwa pays tribute to Bhagat Singh
Khatkar Kalan: The recently appointed Punjab Congress chief, Partap Singh Bajwa, on Saturday paid tributes to freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on the 82nd anniversary of his martyrdom.
"Shaheed Bhagat Singh was a brave revolutionary of the Indian independence movement. He remains a torch bearer of patriotism for youths not only in India but the whole universe," he said in a function here.
Lok Sabha MP Bajwa will take over as PPCC president in the presence of senior party leaders including, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, at party headquarters in Chandigarh later in the day.
He will replace former chief minister Amarinder Singh as the state unit chief of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered