Bajwa pays tribute to Bhagat Singh
Khatkar Kalan: The recently appointed Punjab Congress chief, Partap Singh Bajwa, on Saturday paid tributes to freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on the 82nd anniversary of his martyrdom.
"Shaheed Bhagat Singh was a brave revolutionary of the Indian independence movement. He remains a torch bearer of patriotism for youths not only in India but the whole universe," he said in a function here.
Lok Sabha MP Bajwa will take over as PPCC president in the presence of senior party leaders including, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, at party headquarters in Chandigarh later in the day.
He will replace former chief minister Amarinder Singh as the state unit chief of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city