Bajwa pays tribute to Bhagat Singh
Khatkar Kalan: The recently appointed Punjab Congress chief, Partap Singh Bajwa, on Saturday paid tributes to freedom fighter Bhagat Singh on the 82nd anniversary of his martyrdom.
"Shaheed Bhagat Singh was a brave revolutionary of the Indian independence movement. He remains a torch bearer of patriotism for youths not only in India but the whole universe," he said in a function here.
Lok Sabha MP Bajwa will take over as PPCC president in the presence of senior party leaders including, Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari, at party headquarters in Chandigarh later in the day.
He will replace former chief minister Amarinder Singh as the state unit chief of the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred