Bajwa seeks Akal Takht`s intervention in Punjab drugs racket
Amritsar: Punjab Pardesh Congress Committee president Partap Singh Bajwa has called on the Akal Takht to intervene in a drugs racket case, and also sought the resignation of state cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia on moral grounds.
Bajwa has said that Majithia should resign in the wake of drug smuggler Jagdish Bhola hinting at the former`s involvement in promoting the drugs business in the state.
"The Akal Takht must immediately intervene and hold a meeting of the five Sikh high priests on the issue. Drugs are becoming part and parcel of Punjab society, which is an alarming situation. The youth need to be protected,`` said Bajwa, who was here to meet injured Congress leader Sukhjinder Singh Lally.
He also justified his demand for a CBI probe, saying the opposition Congress party had no faith in the Punjab Police which has already given a clean chit to Bikram Majithia.
"The case must be handed over to the CBI for an impartial probe. How can Punjab Police investigate fairly against their own minister`s involvement in the drugs business,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter