Bajwa seeks Akal Takht`s intervention in Punjab drugs racket
Amritsar: Punjab Pardesh Congress Committee president Partap Singh Bajwa has called on the Akal Takht to intervene in a drugs racket case, and also sought the resignation of state cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia on moral grounds.
Bajwa has said that Majithia should resign in the wake of drug smuggler Jagdish Bhola hinting at the former`s involvement in promoting the drugs business in the state.
"The Akal Takht must immediately intervene and hold a meeting of the five Sikh high priests on the issue. Drugs are becoming part and parcel of Punjab society, which is an alarming situation. The youth need to be protected,`` said Bajwa, who was here to meet injured Congress leader Sukhjinder Singh Lally.
He also justified his demand for a CBI probe, saying the opposition Congress party had no faith in the Punjab Police which has already given a clean chit to Bikram Majithia.
"The case must be handed over to the CBI for an impartial probe. How can Punjab Police investigate fairly against their own minister`s involvement in the drugs business,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital