Balwant Singh Rajoana to field sister from Patiala
Patiala: Balwant Singh Rajoana, the death-row convict in the Beant Singh assassination case, has decided to field his sister Kamaldeep Kaur from Patiala Lok Sabha seat against Union minister Preneet Kaur.
Kamaldeep would fight the election as an independent candidate against the three-time Congress MP, Rajoana said in a letter written from the Central Jail here where he is lodged.
On why Rajoana was fielding her as a candidate instead of of supporting any party or group, Kamaldeep said he was upset with the government and political parties over the policies, particularly those relating to Sikh issues, and had taken this decision.
Rajoana, in his letter released to media by his sister today, has blamed national leaders for ignoring real issues including increasing corruption and criminalisation of politics.
Kamaldeep, who has been supporting her brother for nearly two decades, said she would obey every order of Rajoana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list