Balwant Singh Rajoana to field sister from Patiala
Patiala: Balwant Singh Rajoana, the death-row convict in the Beant Singh assassination case, has decided to field his sister Kamaldeep Kaur from Patiala Lok Sabha seat against Union minister Preneet Kaur.
Kamaldeep would fight the election as an independent candidate against the three-time Congress MP, Rajoana said in a letter written from the Central Jail here where he is lodged.
On why Rajoana was fielding her as a candidate instead of of supporting any party or group, Kamaldeep said he was upset with the government and political parties over the policies, particularly those relating to Sikh issues, and had taken this decision.
Rajoana, in his letter released to media by his sister today, has blamed national leaders for ignoring real issues including increasing corruption and criminalisation of politics.
Kamaldeep, who has been supporting her brother for nearly two decades, said she would obey every order of Rajoana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- John Kerry calls for new measures to counter changing Islamic State
- Australia to return stolen Buddha statue to India
- Activists launch anti-Kim leaflets into North Korea
- Virtual Classrooms supplement nursing education in Bihar
- Katrina Kaif names her best friend and it’s NOT Salman Khan – Details inside