Balwant Singh Rajoana to field sister from Patiala
Patiala: Balwant Singh Rajoana, the death-row convict in the Beant Singh assassination case, has decided to field his sister Kamaldeep Kaur from Patiala Lok Sabha seat against Union minister Preneet Kaur.
Kamaldeep would fight the election as an independent candidate against the three-time Congress MP, Rajoana said in a letter written from the Central Jail here where he is lodged.
On why Rajoana was fielding her as a candidate instead of of supporting any party or group, Kamaldeep said he was upset with the government and political parties over the policies, particularly those relating to Sikh issues, and had taken this decision.
Rajoana, in his letter released to media by his sister today, has blamed national leaders for ignoring real issues including increasing corruption and criminalisation of politics.
Kamaldeep, who has been supporting her brother for nearly two decades, said she would obey every order of Rajoana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate