Bandh in Batala after Valmiki`s picture allegedly damaged
Batala: Normal life in this town was
hit as a shutdown was enforced in response to a call given by
city Valmiki sabha in protest against alleged damaging of a
board, carrying the picture of God Valmiki, by a bus belonging
to a company owned by a local MLA.
All shops, commercial establishes and industrial units
were closed while all government and semi government offices
and banks worked normally.
Several members of Valmiki community led by Jatinder
Kalya, president city Valmiki Sabha, took out a protest march
from Nehru Gate to Gandhi chowk where they held a
demonstration for half an hour.
Members of City Valmiki Sabha also organsied a dharna at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack