Bank officer arrested for taking bribe in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Punjab Vigilance Bureau today arrested an officer of Primary Agriculture Development Bank (PADB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 for processing a loan case.
Amrik Singh, posted as an Accountant-cum-Field Officer in PADB at Sangrur, was nabbed while taking bribe from Dhindsa village resident Bhawishan Singh, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab Suresh Arora said in a statement.
The complainant approached the bureau and said that Singh had demanded a bribe of Rs 10,000 for getting his loan case of Rs 2 lakh processed and assured issuance of cheque, he said.
After probing the allegation, the vigilance team laid a trap to arrest Singh.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against the arrested person, Arora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre