Bank officer arrested for taking bribe in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Punjab Vigilance Bureau today arrested an officer of Primary Agriculture Development Bank (PADB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 for processing a loan case.
Amrik Singh, posted as an Accountant-cum-Field Officer in PADB at Sangrur, was nabbed while taking bribe from Dhindsa village resident Bhawishan Singh, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab Suresh Arora said in a statement.
The complainant approached the bureau and said that Singh had demanded a bribe of Rs 10,000 for getting his loan case of Rs 2 lakh processed and assured issuance of cheque, he said.
After probing the allegation, the vigilance team laid a trap to arrest Singh.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against the arrested person, Arora said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!