Bank officer arrested for taking bribe in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Punjab Vigilance Bureau today arrested an officer of Primary Agriculture Development Bank (PADB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 for processing a loan case.
Amrik Singh, posted as an Accountant-cum-Field Officer in PADB at Sangrur, was nabbed while taking bribe from Dhindsa village resident Bhawishan Singh, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab Suresh Arora said in a statement.
The complainant approached the bureau and said that Singh had demanded a bribe of Rs 10,000 for getting his loan case of Rs 2 lakh processed and assured issuance of cheque, he said.
After probing the allegation, the vigilance team laid a trap to arrest Singh.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against the arrested person, Arora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test