Bank officer arrested for taking bribe in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Punjab Vigilance Bureau today arrested an officer of Primary Agriculture Development Bank (PADB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 for processing a loan case.
Amrik Singh, posted as an Accountant-cum-Field Officer in PADB at Sangrur, was nabbed while taking bribe from Dhindsa village resident Bhawishan Singh, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab Suresh Arora said in a statement.
The complainant approached the bureau and said that Singh had demanded a bribe of Rs 10,000 for getting his loan case of Rs 2 lakh processed and assured issuance of cheque, he said.
After probing the allegation, the vigilance team laid a trap to arrest Singh.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against the arrested person, Arora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Quake brings down buildings in central Italy, at least six believed killed
- Work on 'Padmavati' sets in full swing, shoot begins in September
- Japan, China, South Korea agree to urge North Korea to stop provocation
- Venus-Jupiter conjunction on August 27: Viewing tips! (Watch)
- Staying at budget hotels in Delhi to soon become cheaper