Bank officer arrested for taking bribe in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Punjab Vigilance Bureau today arrested an officer of Primary Agriculture Development Bank (PADB) for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 10,000 for processing a loan case.
Amrik Singh, posted as an Accountant-cum-Field Officer in PADB at Sangrur, was nabbed while taking bribe from Dhindsa village resident Bhawishan Singh, Chief Director-cum-DGP Vigilance Bureau, Punjab Suresh Arora said in a statement.
The complainant approached the bureau and said that Singh had demanded a bribe of Rs 10,000 for getting his loan case of Rs 2 lakh processed and assured issuance of cheque, he said.
After probing the allegation, the vigilance team laid a trap to arrest Singh.
A case under Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 was registered against the arrested person, Arora said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption