Bathinda gang-rape `fabricated`, victim booked: Punjab Police
Bathinda (Punjab): Police on Monday claimed that the complaint of a 24-year-old woman, that she was abducted and raped by two men and later thrown out of a car in Bathinda district, was "concocted".
"The woman allegedly concocted the gang-rape story to teach a lesson to the wife of Sunil Kumar, who had lodged a case of attempt to murder against her and Sunil," Inspector General of Police Nirmal Singh Dhillon said here today.
The woman had claimed that she was raped by two unidentified men with the help of two women, Sunil`s wife and his mother.
"She alleged that when she arrived at the Sector 43 bus stand, two women -- Sunil`s wife and his mother -- and two unknown men who were in the car pulled her inside.
She said she was injected some drugs and sedatives. The woman has alleged that she was raped ... She was later thrown out of the car," a senior police official had said earlier.
The woman and Sunil were in a relationship before Sunil`s wife filed a case of attempt to murder against them.
While Sunil is in prison the woman was out on a bail.
"We have booked the girl (who was named by IG), her lover Sunil and two other persons- Rohtas and Ramesh, under various sections of IPC for having given false statements, cheating etc," he said.
Ramesh and Rohtas had claimed that they had found the woman dumped on the Dabwali road here and they had got her admitted to the civil hospital.
While the main conspirator Sunil Kumar is currently in jail, the woman and Rohtas have been arrested while police was looking for fourth accused identified as Ramesh.
In her complaint to the Bathinda Police, the woman has alleged that she was abducted from outside the Sector 43 inter-state bus terminus in Chandigarh on Friday by two women and two men.
The victim, who hails from Moga district, had alleged that she was raped by the two unidentified men and thrown out of a moving car last evening near Sangat Mandi in Bathinda.
SSP Bathinda Ravicharan Brar said the woman was booked in an attempt to murder case registered in Fazilka, Punjab, a year back and was out on bail.
The woman, who is a nurse, was earlier working in Bathinda where she came in contact with a married man, Sunil.
"Sunil and the victim developed relations. In the meanwhile, Sunil`s wife was tested HIV positive. Sunil`s wife lodged a complaint against her husband and the victim (the woman who now alleges rape). While Sunil is still lodged in a jail, this woman (rape victim) was out on bail," Brar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO