Bathinda refinery project will be ready by Mar 2011: Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash
Singh Badal on Wednesday said the Rs 18,919-crore Guru Gobind Singh
Bathinda refinery, would contribute Rs 5,000 crore to the
Noting that the refiner would be ready by March 2011,
three months ahead of the schedule, Badal said 65 per cent
work on the refinery has been completed and 60 per cent work
on laying of pipeline has also been finished.
"According to a study conducted by Panjab University,
Chandigarh, the commissioning of 9 Million Metric Tonne
refinery would contribute a growth of Rs 5000 crore to the
state economy," he at press conference here.
The CM held a meeting with high level delegation led by
Prabh Das, Chief Executive Officer of HPCL-Mittal Energy
On being asked about the state government`s stance on the
concession sought by HMEL, he said that a committee comprising
State Finance Minister Manpreet Badal and Chief Secretary S C
Aggarwal would look into the demands.
Promoters of HMEL have been demanding more fiscal
incentives from the Punjab government for this project.
More than 700 km of connecting pipeline out of 1,000 km
had been laid from Mundra port in Gujarat to Bathinda and the
remaining 300 km would be completed by May this year, the
Chief Minister was told.
The company had already spent nearly Rs 7,000 crore on
the project which entails a total investment of nearly Rs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley