Beant Singh`s grandson seeks Rajoana`s hanging
Jalandhar: Following the hanging of Afzal Guru, Congress MP and grandson of late former Chief Minister Beant Singh, Ravneet Singh Bittu, Monday demanded the execution of Balwant Singh Rajoana, the convict on death row for assassinating the former Punjab leader.
He also demanded the hanging of Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Bhullar.
"After Azmal Guru, it is now the turn of Rajoana and Bhullar. The government should hang them as soon as possible," Bittu said yesterday.
The state unit of the Shiv Sena, welcoming the hanging of Guru, also demanded the hanging of Rajoana and Bhullar today.
"We welcome the hanging of Afzal Guru. Now the time has come when Balwant Singh Rajoana and Devinder Pal Bhullar should also be hanged," said Vinay Jalandhari, head of Shiv Sena in north India.
43-year-old Parliament attack convict Guru was hanged and buried in Tihar jail premises in Delhi in a secret operation on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister