Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev martyrdom remembered
Hussainiwala: Paying Rich
tributes to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev on their 79th
martyrdom anniversary today, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal regretted that their dreams of a
prosperous country are yet to come true.
"It is sad that the aspirations of our freedom
fighters have not yet been fulfilled because they dreamt of an
independent India free from illiteracy, unemployment and
starvation," Badal said here.
Even after 60 years of freedom, the Centre has not
been able to provide basic civic amenities to the common man,
Badal, who announced a grant of Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and development of Shahedi Samarak at
Hussainiwala, however, said "It is our duty to nurture the
feeling of nationalism amongst our youth."
He also honoured relatives of Shaheed Bhagat Singh
on the occasion and said the state government would instal
Reverse Osmosis (RO) system in 2,500 villages by the end of
next year to provide potable water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?