Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev martyrdom remembered
Hussainiwala: Paying Rich
tributes to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev on their 79th
martyrdom anniversary today, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal regretted that their dreams of a
prosperous country are yet to come true.
"It is sad that the aspirations of our freedom
fighters have not yet been fulfilled because they dreamt of an
independent India free from illiteracy, unemployment and
starvation," Badal said here.
Even after 60 years of freedom, the Centre has not
been able to provide basic civic amenities to the common man,
Badal, who announced a grant of Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and development of Shahedi Samarak at
Hussainiwala, however, said "It is our duty to nurture the
feeling of nationalism amongst our youth."
He also honoured relatives of Shaheed Bhagat Singh
on the occasion and said the state government would instal
Reverse Osmosis (RO) system in 2,500 villages by the end of
next year to provide potable water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand