Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev martyrdom remembered
Hussainiwala: Paying Rich
tributes to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev on their 79th
martyrdom anniversary today, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal regretted that their dreams of a
prosperous country are yet to come true.
"It is sad that the aspirations of our freedom
fighters have not yet been fulfilled because they dreamt of an
independent India free from illiteracy, unemployment and
starvation," Badal said here.
Even after 60 years of freedom, the Centre has not
been able to provide basic civic amenities to the common man,
Badal, who announced a grant of Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and development of Shahedi Samarak at
Hussainiwala, however, said "It is our duty to nurture the
feeling of nationalism amongst our youth."
He also honoured relatives of Shaheed Bhagat Singh
on the occasion and said the state government would instal
Reverse Osmosis (RO) system in 2,500 villages by the end of
next year to provide potable water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!