Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev martyrdom remembered
Hussainiwala: Paying Rich
tributes to Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev on their 79th
martyrdom anniversary today, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal regretted that their dreams of a
prosperous country are yet to come true.
"It is sad that the aspirations of our freedom
fighters have not yet been fulfilled because they dreamt of an
independent India free from illiteracy, unemployment and
starvation," Badal said here.
Even after 60 years of freedom, the Centre has not
been able to provide basic civic amenities to the common man,
Badal, who announced a grant of Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and development of Shahedi Samarak at
Hussainiwala, however, said "It is our duty to nurture the
feeling of nationalism amongst our youth."
He also honoured relatives of Shaheed Bhagat Singh
on the occasion and said the state government would instal
Reverse Osmosis (RO) system in 2,500 villages by the end of
next year to provide potable water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501