Bhattal slams govt for `poor` paddy lifting mechanism
Chandigarh: Leader of Opposition in Punjab
Assembly Rajinder Kaur Bhattal today criticised the "poor"
arrangements made by the state government for lifting of
Heaps of paddy were lying unprocured in markets and
farmers were left to languish there for days together, Bhattal
said in a statement released here.
She claimed that during the previous Congress regime, the
farmers did not face any difficulty in selling their
commodities and payment was also made immediately.
At some places, farmers were not being able to sell their
produce even after 10 days, she said and appealed to the state
government to ensure smooth lifting of paddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror