Bhattal slams govt for `poor` paddy lifting mechanism
Chandigarh: Leader of Opposition in Punjab
Assembly Rajinder Kaur Bhattal today criticised the "poor"
arrangements made by the state government for lifting of
Heaps of paddy were lying unprocured in markets and
farmers were left to languish there for days together, Bhattal
said in a statement released here.
She claimed that during the previous Congress regime, the
farmers did not face any difficulty in selling their
commodities and payment was also made immediately.
At some places, farmers were not being able to sell their
produce even after 10 days, she said and appealed to the state
government to ensure smooth lifting of paddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest