Bhattal slams govt for `poor` paddy lifting mechanism
Chandigarh: Leader of Opposition in Punjab
Assembly Rajinder Kaur Bhattal today criticised the "poor"
arrangements made by the state government for lifting of
Heaps of paddy were lying unprocured in markets and
farmers were left to languish there for days together, Bhattal
said in a statement released here.
She claimed that during the previous Congress regime, the
farmers did not face any difficulty in selling their
commodities and payment was also made immediately.
At some places, farmers were not being able to sell their
produce even after 10 days, she said and appealed to the state
government to ensure smooth lifting of paddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda