BJP claims anomalies in Pawan Bansal`s nomination, RO rejects
Chandigarh: BJP on Monday complaint of some anomalies in the nomination filed by Congress candidate from Chandigarh Pawan Kumar Bansal, but the Returning Officer (RO) over-ruled the charges and accepted the papers as correct.
Senior BJP leader and former MP Satya Pal Jain, who is a proposer of BJP nominee from the seat Kirron Kher, said during scrutiny of nominations on Monday, an objection was raised about papers of Bansal, four-time MP and former Railway Minister.
Prominent among those who are pitted against Bansal are BJP`s actor-turned-politician Kher and AAP`s Gul Panag.
According to Jain, he told the the RO that "the form A and B field by Bansal along with his nomination form is not in the "Prescribed Form".
Jain in a release said that Bansal and his party have attached the forms A & B written by them in their own language "without filling and attaching the form as prescribed by the Election Allotment and Reservation of Symbols Order 1968."
"A copy of these two forms was also not submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer before 3.00 pm on the last date of filing of the nomination papers (March 22). It should also be verified whether Shakeel Ahmed who signed form A in favour of Bansal has been authorised to do so by the Congress Party or not," Jain submitted before the RO.
Ashok Aggarwal, advocate who was representing Bansal, was also present before the RO. Later Bansal also reached the office of the Deputy Commissioner, who is also discharging his duties at present as the Returning Officer, and made his submissions to the objections raised by Jain before the RO.
After hearing both sides, the RO accepted the nomination of Bansal.
Jain urged the RO to pass an order giving the reasons for rejecting and dealing with the objection raised by him, but the RO said that he will not pass any order rejecting the objections raised by the BJP leader. Later, Jain told the RO that the BJP may move the Election Commission "against this attitude of the RO."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!