BJP claims anomalies in Pawan Bansal`s nomination, RO rejects
Chandigarh: BJP on Monday complaint of some anomalies in the nomination filed by Congress candidate from Chandigarh Pawan Kumar Bansal, but the Returning Officer (RO) over-ruled the charges and accepted the papers as correct.
Senior BJP leader and former MP Satya Pal Jain, who is a proposer of BJP nominee from the seat Kirron Kher, said during scrutiny of nominations on Monday, an objection was raised about papers of Bansal, four-time MP and former Railway Minister.
Prominent among those who are pitted against Bansal are BJP`s actor-turned-politician Kher and AAP`s Gul Panag.
According to Jain, he told the the RO that "the form A and B field by Bansal along with his nomination form is not in the "Prescribed Form".
Jain in a release said that Bansal and his party have attached the forms A & B written by them in their own language "without filling and attaching the form as prescribed by the Election Allotment and Reservation of Symbols Order 1968."
"A copy of these two forms was also not submitted to the Chief Electoral Officer before 3.00 pm on the last date of filing of the nomination papers (March 22). It should also be verified whether Shakeel Ahmed who signed form A in favour of Bansal has been authorised to do so by the Congress Party or not," Jain submitted before the RO.
Ashok Aggarwal, advocate who was representing Bansal, was also present before the RO. Later Bansal also reached the office of the Deputy Commissioner, who is also discharging his duties at present as the Returning Officer, and made his submissions to the objections raised by Jain before the RO.
After hearing both sides, the RO accepted the nomination of Bansal.
Jain urged the RO to pass an order giving the reasons for rejecting and dealing with the objection raised by him, but the RO said that he will not pass any order rejecting the objections raised by the BJP leader. Later, Jain told the RO that the BJP may move the Election Commission "against this attitude of the RO."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India