BJP councillor, 9 others injured in clash
Ludhiana: BJP municipal councillor Satish Nagar and nine others were on Tuesday injured when he was allegedly attacked by supporters of an independent candidate Anita Kharbandha here, police said.
The incident took place in Beli Ram street in Chawni Mohalla under Ward No 32 from where Nagar`s wife Anuradha Nagar is a BJP candidate.
Municipal Corporations in Punjab are going to polls on June 10.
Police Commissioner Ishwar Singh said that a cross case has been registered against both the parties and added that the injured belonged to both the groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 92 seats, BJP ahead in 73; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway