BJP expels 11 leaders in Punjab ahead of civic pol
Chandigarh: Cracking the whip against dissidents, the BJP`s Punjab unit on Sunday expelled 11 leaders who were contesting against party candidates in civic polls this month.
Eleven leaders have been shown the door for anti-party activities, according to a BJP release here.
Those who have been expelled from the party include Vipul Mehra of Ward no 8, Nitu Mahajan and Pappu Mahajan of Ward no 9, Arun Puppal of ward no 46 and Manju Puppal of Ward no 47 in Amritsar.
State BJP chief Ashwani Sharma also expelled Amar Chand Dabbi of Ward No 34 from the party for contesting as independent against official candidates of BJP in Patiala Municipal Corporation.
Sharma has warned that any BJP worker found campaigning against the party contestants would also be expelled from the BJP.
BJP is part of the ruling alliance in Punjab with SAD.
With opposition Congress also facing the problem of rebels in the civic polls, Punjab Congress President Amarinder Singh had yesterday appealed to all the party workers contesting against the official candidates in Municipal Corporation elections in Ludhiana, Patiala, Jalandhar and Amritsar to withdraw lest the party is forced to take strict action against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!