BJP fields Vinod Khanna from Gurdaspur
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party Tuesday announced nine candidates for Lok Sabha including actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna from Gurdaspur in Punjab and Ram Swaroop Sharma from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh.
A party release said that Arif Majeed Pampori will be its candidate from Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
Khanna will take on Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa in Gurdaspur.
The party also announced two candidates from Odisha, one from Sikkim and three from Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef