BJP fields Vinod Khanna from Gurdaspur
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party Tuesday announced nine candidates for Lok Sabha including actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna from Gurdaspur in Punjab and Ram Swaroop Sharma from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh.
A party release said that Arif Majeed Pampori will be its candidate from Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
Khanna will take on Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa in Gurdaspur.
The party also announced two candidates from Odisha, one from Sikkim and three from Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand
- When Smriti Irani was denied cabin crew job for 'lack of good personality' - Know Details
- Health Ministry to start awareness campaign on dengue, chikungunya