BJP fields Vinod Khanna from Gurdaspur
New Delhi: The Bharatiya Janata Party Tuesday announced nine candidates for Lok Sabha including actor-turned-politician Vinod Khanna from Gurdaspur in Punjab and Ram Swaroop Sharma from Mandi in Himachal Pradesh.
A party release said that Arif Majeed Pampori will be its candidate from Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir.
Khanna will take on Punjab Congress chief Partap Singh Bajwa in Gurdaspur.
The party also announced two candidates from Odisha, one from Sikkim and three from Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured