BJP hails proposed rapid transport system for Amritsar
Amritsar: Hailing the proposed move to introduce a Rapid Transport System for Amritsar, the BJP on Wednesday said the Rs 198 crore will prove to be of great help for the large number of tourists visiting the holy city every year.
Party`s state executive member Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said that likely to be completed in next three years, the new transport system will encourage use of eco-friendly vehicles and help in de-congestion during peak periods.
Electric vehicles, besides cutting down pollution levels, will also bring down the transportation time.
Chhina also termed the state budget, which was tabled in the Assembly today, as "progressive and development oriented."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant