BJP hails proposed rapid transport system for Amritsar
Amritsar: Hailing the proposed move to introduce a Rapid Transport System for Amritsar, the BJP on Wednesday said the Rs 198 crore will prove to be of great help for the large number of tourists visiting the holy city every year.
Party`s state executive member Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said that likely to be completed in next three years, the new transport system will encourage use of eco-friendly vehicles and help in de-congestion during peak periods.
Electric vehicles, besides cutting down pollution levels, will also bring down the transportation time.
Chhina also termed the state budget, which was tabled in the Assembly today, as "progressive and development oriented."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress