BJP hails proposed rapid transport system for Amritsar
Amritsar: Hailing the proposed move to introduce a Rapid Transport System for Amritsar, the BJP on Wednesday said the Rs 198 crore will prove to be of great help for the large number of tourists visiting the holy city every year.
Party`s state executive member Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said that likely to be completed in next three years, the new transport system will encourage use of eco-friendly vehicles and help in de-congestion during peak periods.
Electric vehicles, besides cutting down pollution levels, will also bring down the transportation time.
Chhina also termed the state budget, which was tabled in the Assembly today, as "progressive and development oriented."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'