BJP hails proposed rapid transport system for Amritsar
Amritsar: Hailing the proposed move to introduce a Rapid Transport System for Amritsar, the BJP on Wednesday said the Rs 198 crore will prove to be of great help for the large number of tourists visiting the holy city every year.
Party`s state executive member Rajinder Mohan Singh Chhina said that likely to be completed in next three years, the new transport system will encourage use of eco-friendly vehicles and help in de-congestion during peak periods.
Electric vehicles, besides cutting down pollution levels, will also bring down the transportation time.
Chhina also termed the state budget, which was tabled in the Assembly today, as "progressive and development oriented."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened