BJP man booked for posting Sonia Gandhi`s morphed pic on Facebook
Jalandhar: A youth, claiming to be a BJP activist, was on Tuesday booked here for allegedly posting an objectionable picture of Congress president Sonia Gandhi on a social networking website.
A case was registered here against Sandeep Bhalla under Section 66A of the Information Technology Act on the complaint of local Congress leader Sanjay Sehgal, police said.
Sehgal had filed the complaint on Monday and had also approached the police commissioner online on the matter.
"We have filed a complaint to the police regarding the uploading of the picture by Bhalla on Facebook and other such photographs posted by BJP activists."
"We have also sent a morphed picture of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to the police, which was uploaded by another BJP activist," said Sehgal.
Meanwhile, BJP state president Kamal Sharma said Bhalla was not a member of the party.
"Bhalla is not a member of the party. He is just a supporter of the party. Despite that, we have asked the Jalandhar district unit to investigate the matter. BJP respects women and such incidents would not be tolerated," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen