BJP man booked for posting Sonia Gandhi`s morphed pic on Facebook
Jalandhar: A youth, claiming to be a BJP activist, was on Tuesday booked here for allegedly posting an objectionable picture of Congress president Sonia Gandhi on a social networking website.
A case was registered here against Sandeep Bhalla under Section 66A of the Information Technology Act on the complaint of local Congress leader Sanjay Sehgal, police said.
Sehgal had filed the complaint on Monday and had also approached the police commissioner online on the matter.
"We have filed a complaint to the police regarding the uploading of the picture by Bhalla on Facebook and other such photographs posted by BJP activists."
"We have also sent a morphed picture of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to the police, which was uploaded by another BJP activist," said Sehgal.
Meanwhile, BJP state president Kamal Sharma said Bhalla was not a member of the party.
"Bhalla is not a member of the party. He is just a supporter of the party. Despite that, we have asked the Jalandhar district unit to investigate the matter. BJP respects women and such incidents would not be tolerated," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?