BJP MLA cremated with full state honour
Hoshiarpur: Chief Parliamentary Secretary in SAD-BJP led Punjab government and two-time BJP MLA from Dasuya constituency MLA Amarjit Singh Sahi, who passed away in Sunday after a cardiac arrest at Chandigarh, was cremated with full state honour at his native town Dasuya on Monday.
His son Harsimrat Singh lit the funeral pyre. A police contingent reversed their arms and fired in the air to give last salute to Amarjit Singh Sahi.
His body was brought to the cremation ground at Dasuya in a procession from his residence.
Prominent among those present in the funeral included Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Technical Education minister Anil Joshi, Rajya Sabha MP Avinash Rai Khanna, Punjab BJP chief Ashwani Sharma.
Paying floral tributes to Sahi, Badal said that with his death the SAD-BJP would face an irreparable loss and that he was a balanced, hardworking and honest politician who worked for the downtrodden of Kandi area.
Shopkeepers of Dasuya town kept their shops closed today as a mark of respect to the departed soul.
Sahi was 55 and is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you