BJP MLA dies of heart attack
Chandigarh: Chief Parliamentary Secretary in SAD-BJP led Punjab government and two-time BJP MLA from Dasuya constituency Amarjit Singh Sahi on Sunday died of a massive heart attack at PGIMER here.
Sahi was 55 and is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Condoling his death, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said was as a fine human being, an upright politician and a disciplined solider of his party who always played a pivotal role in ensuring overall development of the state especially the Kandi area and the welfare of its people.
With his demise, the state has lost a balanced and experienced leader, who believed in clean and value-based politics.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said Sahi was a grassroot leader and had a very important place in Punjab`s politics.
BJP leader and Punjab Local Bodies Minister Chuni Lal Bhagat also expressed deep grief on the demise of Sahi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000