BJP MLA dies of heart attack
Chandigarh: Chief Parliamentary Secretary in SAD-BJP led Punjab government and two-time BJP MLA from Dasuya constituency Amarjit Singh Sahi on Sunday died of a massive heart attack at PGIMER here.
Sahi was 55 and is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Condoling his death, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said was as a fine human being, an upright politician and a disciplined solider of his party who always played a pivotal role in ensuring overall development of the state especially the Kandi area and the welfare of its people.
With his demise, the state has lost a balanced and experienced leader, who believed in clean and value-based politics.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said Sahi was a grassroot leader and had a very important place in Punjab`s politics.
BJP leader and Punjab Local Bodies Minister Chuni Lal Bhagat also expressed deep grief on the demise of Sahi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Myanmar quake damages nearly 400 ancient temples
- Amazon launches dedicated online Telugu book store
- Explore London through the lens of Kapil Sharma and team!
- Typhoon to hit Japan on Tuesday; meteorological agency issues warnings