BJP MLA dies of heart attack
Chandigarh: Chief Parliamentary Secretary in SAD-BJP led Punjab government and two-time BJP MLA from Dasuya constituency Amarjit Singh Sahi on Sunday died of a massive heart attack at PGIMER here.
Sahi was 55 and is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Condoling his death, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said was as a fine human being, an upright politician and a disciplined solider of his party who always played a pivotal role in ensuring overall development of the state especially the Kandi area and the welfare of its people.
With his demise, the state has lost a balanced and experienced leader, who believed in clean and value-based politics.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said Sahi was a grassroot leader and had a very important place in Punjab`s politics.
BJP leader and Punjab Local Bodies Minister Chuni Lal Bhagat also expressed deep grief on the demise of Sahi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- At least 700 dead after series of shipwrecks off Libyan coast
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- No touching! Operate Google's smartwatches just with hand gestures - Watch
- Indo-Pak bilateral series: Pakistan govt tells PCB not to initiate dialogue with BCCI
- PCB confident of getting Mohammad Amir's visa for England tour