BJP MLA dies of heart attack
Chandigarh: Chief Parliamentary Secretary in SAD-BJP led Punjab government and two-time BJP MLA from Dasuya constituency Amarjit Singh Sahi on Sunday died of a massive heart attack at PGIMER here.
Sahi was 55 and is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Condoling his death, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said was as a fine human being, an upright politician and a disciplined solider of his party who always played a pivotal role in ensuring overall development of the state especially the Kandi area and the welfare of its people.
With his demise, the state has lost a balanced and experienced leader, who believed in clean and value-based politics.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said Sahi was a grassroot leader and had a very important place in Punjab`s politics.
BJP leader and Punjab Local Bodies Minister Chuni Lal Bhagat also expressed deep grief on the demise of Sahi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31