BJP MLA dies of heart attack
Chandigarh: Chief Parliamentary Secretary in SAD-BJP led Punjab government and two-time BJP MLA from Dasuya constituency Amarjit Singh Sahi on Sunday died of a massive heart attack at PGIMER here.
Sahi was 55 and is survived by wife, a son and a daughter.
Condoling his death, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal said was as a fine human being, an upright politician and a disciplined solider of his party who always played a pivotal role in ensuring overall development of the state especially the Kandi area and the welfare of its people.
With his demise, the state has lost a balanced and experienced leader, who believed in clean and value-based politics.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said Sahi was a grassroot leader and had a very important place in Punjab`s politics.
BJP leader and Punjab Local Bodies Minister Chuni Lal Bhagat also expressed deep grief on the demise of Sahi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Vote Trump for equal pay and childcare, says Ivanka
- North Korean Air Koryo plane makes emergency landing in China - Xinhua
- A carnival of contrasting views near Cleveland''s Republican convention
- PML-N sweeps assembly polls in Pakistan occupied Kashmir
- PokéDates is here! Now, find love while catching Pokemon