BJP suspends MLA from party after public spat with minister
Chandigarh: The BJP on Tuesday suspended MLA
Jagdish Sahni, embroiled in a public spat with party colleague
and Punjab minister Laxmi Kanta Chawla, from primary
membership of the party on charges of indiscipline.
In a notice to Sahni, party legislator from Batala who
yesterday submitted his resignation to the Punjab Chief
Minister from the post of Chief Parliamentary Secretary,
Punjab BJP chief Ashwani Sharma asked him to filed his
explanation within seven days.
"In case you don`t reply within this period, it will
be presumed and the party will take ex-parte decision against
you," Sharma said in the notice.
Sahni had levelled allegations of corruption against
Chawla, who had denied the charges. Chawla holds the Health
portfolio in the SAD-BJP government in Punjab.
Sharma lashed out at Sahni for taking internal matters
of the party before the media. He also alleged that Sahni used
derogatory, unparliamentary and defamatory language against
the party and its leadership.
After submitting his resignation, Sahni had said that
he will not desert the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi