BJP suspends MLA from party after public spat with minister
Chandigarh: The BJP on Tuesday suspended MLA
Jagdish Sahni, embroiled in a public spat with party colleague
and Punjab minister Laxmi Kanta Chawla, from primary
membership of the party on charges of indiscipline.
In a notice to Sahni, party legislator from Batala who
yesterday submitted his resignation to the Punjab Chief
Minister from the post of Chief Parliamentary Secretary,
Punjab BJP chief Ashwani Sharma asked him to filed his
explanation within seven days.
"In case you don`t reply within this period, it will
be presumed and the party will take ex-parte decision against
you," Sharma said in the notice.
Sahni had levelled allegations of corruption against
Chawla, who had denied the charges. Chawla holds the Health
portfolio in the SAD-BJP government in Punjab.
Sharma lashed out at Sahni for taking internal matters
of the party before the media. He also alleged that Sahni used
derogatory, unparliamentary and defamatory language against
the party and its leadership.
After submitting his resignation, Sahni had said that
he will not desert the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened