BJP to mobilise services of retired judges: Jain
Chandigarh: The BJP has decided to mobilise
the services of retired judges for party activities, a senior
party leader said here today.
The BJP will set up legal cells in courts and involve
retired judges in party activities, national convener of its
legal cell and former MP Satya Pal Jain told reporters here.
Hailing the Centre`s proposed move to raise the
retirement age of judges from 62 to 65, he said it was a
However, he said to reduce the huge pendency of cases in
courts across the country, the number of judges needs to be
raised by one and a half times their current strength.
Jain said the Prime Minister should convene a meeting of
Chief Ministers of Punjab, Haryana and Jammu and Kashmir to
amicably resolve long pending issues, including sharing of
river waters and industrial packages to hill states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'