BJP youth wing holds protest against `Ram Leela`
Chandigarh: Activists of BJP`s youth wing on Sunday held protest outside a theatre screening Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s latest release, `Goliyon Ki Rasleela: Ram-Leela`, demanding apology from the director for use of word `Ram` in context of the movie.
The activists forced the cinema owner to remove the posters of the film, alleging its title and the use of word `Ram` in context of the movie, had hurt the religious sentiments of the Hindus.
The activists also burnt the film posters, which were taken off.
They demanded that Bhansali, the actors including Ranvir Singh and Deepika Padukone, and all the key people associated with the film should publicly apologise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video