BKU warns of launching agitation on Sep 20
Chandigarh: A faction of the Bhartiya Kisan Union on Tuesday threatened to launch an agitation here on September 20 to mount pressure on Punjab government to accept its demands for a financial package to farmers and release of productivity bonus.
Annuncing this here, BKU (Rajewal) President Balbir Singh Rajewal said, "Farmers will assemble here on September 20 in a big way to know the outcome of the state overnment appointed panel to look into their demands."
Rajewal faction of the Union has been demanding release of Rs 800 crore package announced by the Centre for farmers in view of drought last year and productivity bonus on electricity bills announced by Sukhbir-Kalia Committee and withdrawal of urban development fund on crops.
Agitation on September 20 would be in continuation of BKU`s protest launched on August 10 in Mohali, BKU (Rajewal) President Balbir Singh Rajewal said in a release.
The 3-day BKU stir on August 10 had been suspended after the state government agreed to constitute a committee to look into the farmers` demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof