Blistering heat in some parts of Punjab, relief in others
Chandigarh: Blistering heat continued to sweep many parts of Punjab and Haryana today while there was some relief in other parts including the states` capital Chandigarh.
Scorching heat prevailed in Amritsar, which recorded a six degrees above normal high at 46.2 deg C, the MeT office said here.
However, both Ludhiana and Patiala, with respective maximums of 38.5 deg C and 37 deg C, registered two and three degrees below normal temperatures.
Chandigarh, too, got respite from the heat wave as maximum temperature settled at 36 deg C, down three degrees.
In Haryana, the northern parts of the state including Ambala and Karnal got respite, recording respective highs of 35.9 deg C and 35.4 deg C, four and five degrees below normal.
However, Bhiwani (42 C), Hisar (40.5 C) and Narnaul (41 C) continued to brave the hot weather.
The MeT has forecast possibility of dust storm or thunder storm lashing isolated parts of the two states over the next two days.
North-west parts of Punjab are also expected to be under the grip of intense heat over the next few days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter